Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm so whimsical...

I'm so whimsical sometimes. I just decided to throw my old desktop a new curveball. Yup, I'm going to reformat it and install Windoze 3.11.

This isn't completely batty; I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on the idea of a Windoze 3.11 clone for Linux, and I wanted to refresh my memory of good ol' 'doze. Now I realize I could have just installed bochs or something, but I realized that my ethernet cable was plugged into my laptop rather then my desktop, and rather then reach three feet behind me to grab it, I decided to just toss away everything on my hard drive.

Logical, aren't I?

2 comments:

Voyagerfan5761 said...

Quite logical... 'Doze 3.11 is a big step back. Are there even drivers for it anymore? Especially that all-important Internet access card.

PS: I'd suggest allowing anonymous comments, setting them to not display in a popup window, and disable the CAPTCHA. How much spam are you going to get?

i80and said...

Eh, I reinstalled Slackware in another partition. 'doze is more so I can tinker with it more then actually use it from day to day. Although, then again, I didn't install a GUI for Slackware...

And no, not a single driver. So standard PS/2 with two buttons, no scroll-wheel, no networking, and a VGA driver.