Saturday, January 19, 2008
Thoughts about mod-boot
I've been recently thinking about where to take mod-boot, and one thing that I decided was to look into using Python instead of C. C is plenty faster of course, but I'm not convinced that in this case it would be a big deal, but I do know that it'll increase maintenance quite a bit. Of course, bourne scripting might be the best option, but I really hate bash. Meh, I'll get more serious about mod-boot after my stupid math course stops sucking up all of my time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I thought one of the original purposes of mod-boot was to speed up the boot process. Using slower (read: interpreted instead of compiled) code will make that harder, no?
In all probability that would be an insignificant bottleneck, and that bottleneck could be made even smaller by using a JIT compiler, and/or rewriting some performance-sensitive portions in C.
Premature optimization is bad, remember.
Post a Comment