I don't like mp3. What I mean is that I don't trust it. What I mean by that is that I don't trust the legalities. If you don't know about the questional legalities of mp3, go to http://www.mp3licensing.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp3.
OGG has a better compression ratio, and better quality.
It can be implemented for free, and is open source.
So why is mp3 so much more common when many users fear being sued just because they legally bought a disk of mp3?
The same goes for DVD's, you know. I'm scared to use DVD's because of the legalities. A lot of other OSS people are being sued because they tried to watch their "Matrix" or "Shrek" DVD's that they bought at Best Buy.
Please people. DON'T use mp3s. Use .ogg whenever possible. OGG has been helped by wikipedia incidentally, who made it their official media format.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment